Friday, November 13, 2009

I'm not done reading yet.

"This is my twelfth novel. Only once before in The World According to Garp which was my fourth novel have I been able to insert the title of the novel into the last sentence. I don't always try to do that; I don't force it. But its usually an idea in the back of my mind, and if it works, I don't hesitate to do it . . . " - John Irving

Irving, John. Last Night in Twisted River: A Novel. New York: Random House, 2009.

I broke my word. No John Irving review this week. Last night in Twisted River is such a great book that I can't bear to finish it yet. Since there are only about 70 pages left to go, I'm savoring it and only reading a few pages a night. In the meanwhile, visit the author's official site to learn more about his writing process.