Tuesday, November 10, 2009

"Life is waiting . . . "

Spielberg, Steven, Tom Hanks, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Stanley Tucci, Chi McBride, Diego Luna,
Janusz Kawinski, and John Williams. The terminal. [United States]: DreamWorks Home Entertainment, 2004.

For the first time in my life, I had to report to jury duty.
It wasn't a bad experience at all. Everything was very well-organized, the people were friendly, the room was comfortable, and I got to watch The Terminal on a large screen TV
. There weren't enough trials to go around, so they sent most of us home in the afternoon. I hope they invite me back next year!

The Terminal is a fantastic comedy about a lovable man from Eastern Europe (the Tom Hanks character) who finds himself stranded at JFK International Airport. Although though he can barely speak a word of English, he makes lots of friends and even scores himself a date with a wonderfully flighty flight attendant who is played by Catherine Zeta-Jones.


It's a little corny, but I love the part when the airport workers set up a make-shift fancy restaurant for Tom and Catherine's dinner date.

ps. Did I mention that before I became a librarian, I was a Pan Am flight attendant?