Thursday, May 14, 2009

Show me how this thing works

In honor of the second song off the new Cracker album, here are some really good owner's manuals and how-to books.


This is how I learned to be cheerful:

Peale, Norman Vincent. The Power of Positive Thinking ; The Amazing Results of Positive Thinking. New York: Fireside/Simon & Schuster, 2003.


This is where I picked up my mad flirting skills:

Westerman, Marty. How to Flirt: A Practical Guide. Los Angeles: Price Stern Sloan, 1992.



This is is how Uncle Donald learned to play the harmonica:

Gindick, Jon. The Natural Blues and Country Western Harmonica. San Diego: Cross Harp Press, 1986.

And speaking of harmonicas . . .


Not only can my (recently adopted) big brother Johnny Hickman play a mean harmonica, but he's also an excellent writer. Check out his monthly column in Scene Magazine.

Have a wonderful weekend!
Love,