Monday, November 10, 2008

Johnny Hickman's kindergarten gig

I can't think of anything to write about today, so I'm just going to share an entry from the Hickman/LeRoy Songbook:

Here is a note from Johnny's son's Kindergarten teacher reporting his recent class book reading and music performance!





....On another note…Oh My Goodness! We had the best time today! You may not know it, but I have a kindergarten parent who is a professional musician. Johnny Hickman has made some really amazing albums. He came to read and play for us today. He read the book, Dooby, Dooby, Moo by Doreen Cronin.
I wanted to share a couple of photos. Mr. Hickman was incredible and the kids had a great time with a really great book! I can tell you that there was a stirring rendition of Born to be Wild! Who knew ducks could sing that song!






















I must say that Johnny has excellent taste in literature. Check out his Father's Day book review.



Cronin, Doreen, and Betsy Lewin. Dooby Dooby Moo. New York: Atheneum Books for Young Readers, 2006.