Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy Birthday, Robert Duvall!

Tender mercies. Troy, MI: Distributed by Anchor Bay Entertainment, 2002.

Today is the birthday of Academy Award winning actor, Robert Duvall. Some of his most notable roles include Boo Radley in To Kill a Mockingbird, Tom Hagin in The Godfather, Mac Sledge in Tender Mercies, and Mr. Hilyer in Rambling Rose.

Rambling Rose. Santa Monica, Calif: Artisan Entertainment, 2002.

Robert Duvall wrote, directed, and starred in The Apostle. My cousin Nicholas sang in a church choir which was featured in the film. I knew nothing about this until I went to the movie and saw his face on the big screen. I was so startled that I screamed out loud in the middle of the theater!

The apostle. Universal City, CA: Universal Home Video, 2003.

ps. Nicholas now lives in Japan where he teaches English as a second language.