Friday, October 10, 2008

Thief!

Foo Fighters (Musical group). The Colour and the Shape. Mississauga, Ont: Roswell Records, 1997.

I don't like to be negative. In fact, one of my favorite books is Norman Vincent Peale's The Power of Positive Thinking.

But . . .

I really, really, really dislike McCain. Did you know that he has allegedly been stealing music for his campaign? Rolling Stone reports: "The Foos heard that McCain was using the band’s The Colour and the Shape hit “My Hero” at rallies without ever seeking the permission from the band, their management, their record label or their publishers."

Grrrrrrrrrrrr . . .

I hate it when people steal music from recording artists. Whenever I post Youtube videos, I try to include a link to where you can BUY the song. Plus, I don't make any money off my blog anymore. (I used to be an Amazon associate, but before joining the program, I made sure that the artists would get a cut from any sales. I quit because the blog looks prettier without all the tacky Amazon widgets.)

Barack Obama also uses music in his campaign. However, Barack does it the right way. He makes sure the artists are cool with it. Check out this Springsteen clip:




The song is from one of my all-time favorite albums, Greetings from Asbury Park. You can buy it here at Springsteen's official site.