Saturday, November 3, 2007

Why I like Myspace

I like Myspace. Thanks to Myspace, I have reconnected with my half-brothers, Joel and David. Even though we grew up on opposite sides of the country, we have a lot in common. For instance, all three of us have played in bands. Check out David's band, the Parson Red Heads.

I wish I had inherited more of the Swensen music genes. (Our grandmother went to Julliard, and our great grandfather was a band leader.) My brothers can play a gazillion different instruments, but I'm limited to the cowbell and claves.

Thank goodness I can sing. Joel, the handsome guy in the hoodie, has the most soulful voice. I love to sing, but my voice isn't all that distinctive. I'm more of a blender. My good friend, Vanessa the Comedian, used to do a bit about me wailing away to Joni Mitchell's Court and Spark while she was trying to watch tv.