Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Bad timing

Russell and I used to only turn on the television to watch 60 Minutes, The Simpsons, and the occasional ballgame or awards show. We averaged about 3 hours a week. Well, I say used to because I recently discovered a channel that only plays reruns of my favorite shows. It's called MeTV

MeTV is just a regular channel on the dial. This is good because we don't have cable or satellite, just a big antenna.  I have gone from watching an average of 3 hours of television a week, to an average of 3 hours a day. I warm up with Bewitched and I Dream of Genie, and then the really great shows begin: The Mary Tyler Moore Show, The Bob Newhart Show, The Odd Couple, and The Dick Van Dyke Show. 

This episode of The Odd Couple was my favorite show of the week. Felix talks Oscar into taking a ballet appreciation class taught by Edward Villella of the New York City Ballet. Tony Randall was such a great physical comedic actor. I don't think I truly appreciated his genius when I was a kid.


This post is entitled Bad Timing because I started my new TV habit just in time for Screen-Free Week which starts at the end of the month. I don't plan to participate.