Saturday, January 30, 2010

Life's too short to fold your underwear.

Flanagan, Caitlin. To Hell with All That: Loving and Loathing Our Inner Housewife.
New York: Little, Brown, 2006.


In the past, I didn't like it when my mother-in-law would try to clean or redecorate our home. (During one of her visits, I came home from work to find the living room furniture all rearranged!) However, I have recently decided to change my ways and give her carte blanche to clean to her heart's content. If she's not too proud to let me empty her bedpan (after her hip replacement), or to bathe and dress her son (after his recent triple bypass surgery), then I'm not going to be embarrassed by a little dust. I majored in Spanish not Home Economics, and it's my theory that life's too short to fold your underwear. So there.

ps. I'm not really all that sloppy.

pps. She did a great job on the laundry.

ppps. Our baseboards look pretty good now, too.