Monday, March 23, 2009

Sunrise in the Land of Milk and Honey

Cracker (Musical group). Sunrise in the Land of Milk and Honey. 429 Records, 2009.

Guess what? Cracker is releasing a new CD this May! The title is Sunrise in the Land of Milk and Honey. You can read about it here, here, here, and here. And you can pre-order your copy here, here, or here. (It's on iTunes, too.)


As you probably already know, the album title is a reference to the Old Testament verse:
"And I have come down to rescue them from the clutches of the Egyptians and bring them up out of that country, to a country rich and broad, to a country flowing with milk and honey . . ."
--Exodus 3:8.

Here's the first music video from the album. Warning: The first line of the song is "Well JC it's hot out here." Personally, I hardly ever swear and I certainly don't say GD or JC unless I'm praying. However, this song is so great that I'll let it slide. Besides, it really is hot as all heck in Iraq--especially if you are wearing full combat gear and carrying 100 pounds of stuff on your back.



Ps. It took me a while to figure out the meaning of many of the lyrics, so I did a little research. "Yalla Yalla" is slang for "hurry up," and "CHU" is a "containerized housing unit."