Thursday, October 4, 2007

Del.icio.us?

One of my goals for the week is to learn about the social bookmarking site, del.icio.us. I hate to admit it, but I'm still a little skeptical about all of this DIY cataloging. Dewey and Elsie have always served us well, so why reinvent the wheel?

It turns out that I already have a del.icio.us account! A few weeks ago I wanted to add a comment to a Rolling Stone Magazine post, but I had to sign up for a del.icio.us account first. I signed up, left a comment, and forgot all about it.

I just spent a couple of hours playing around with my del.icio.us account. The time just flew by! I exported the bookmarks from my home computer onto my del.icio.us account, edited them, and now they look much neater. Nice! Can't wait to clean up my work bookmarks, too.