Friday, October 19, 2007

Burning Spear and L.L. Cool J

In the summer of 1986, I worked weekends at a sports logo store in New Haven's Chapel Square Mall. One day, L.L. Cool J stopped by with a group of his friends. My coworkers were dumbstruck, but since I didn't know who he was, I had no problem blabbering away.

The next summer when I was working at Cutler's Records, I got to meet Grammy-winning artist, Burning Spear. I didn't recognize him, though, and I was really stumped when he asked me for his records. Luckily, like a good future librarian, I knew how to conduct a reference interview and we were able to find what he was looking for.

I don't think I've met anyone famous since I moved to Florida ten years ago. If you know of any famous people, please tell them to stop by the library and say hello. I need some new stories. As you can probably tell, I haven't really left the 80's yet.